Associate Scientist/Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Function: Research & Development
Job Title: Associate Scientist/Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Job Location: Boston
At QLD Biotherapeutics, we develop cell and gene therapies using innovative technologies to treat devastating diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the In-Vivo Pharmacology team, focusing on early drug discovery and technology development. He/she will be able to learn by getting hands-on experience with murine tumor models, and neurodegenerative models, including drug delivery, blood and tissue collections, tumor monitoring, and data analyzing. You will also perform In Vivo efficacy, PK/PD, and biodistribution studies.
This position provides an excellent learning and growth opportunity, to work closely with an experienced drug discovery and development team and contribute to early stages of research and development activities in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Independently perform In Vivo efficacy studies utilizing mouse models of CNS tumors and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Conduct bioluminescent imaging to detect and measure tumor growth and treatment efficacy.
- Analyze bioluminescent imaging for various studies.
- Monitor animal health, body weights, and tumor measurements.
- Perform routine animal handling procedures and injections (SC, IP, IV, IM)
- Prepare studies for execution by ear tagging and randomizing mice.
- Perform cell-based testing, including maintenance and plating of cell lines and primary cells to support ongoing In Vivo studies.
- Provide general laboratory assistance, including laboratory equipment maintenance, ordering, and organizing supplies.
- Carefully record (electronic laboratory notebooks, etc.), organize data, and generate presentations.
- Schedule and execute tasks and protocols independently with minimal training/some guidance from a manager or project representative.
- MS or PhD in Biology/Animal Science/Pharmacology or related discipline.
- 1+ years of relevant research experience preferred.
- Experience with In Vivo animal studies is required, including animal handling, performing routine injections, necropsy, collection of blood and tissues.
- Familiarity with IVIS bioluminescence imaging is a plus.
- Experience with rodent stereotaxic surgery is a plus.
- Strong record-keeping and data documentation skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Candidate must be familiar with IACUC protocols and guidelines.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com