Associate Scientist/Scientist, Molecular and Cell Biology
Function: Research & Development
Job Title: Associate Scientist/Scientist, Molecular and Cell Biology
Job Location: Boston
At QLD Biotherapeutics, we develop cell and gene therapies using innovative technologies to treat devastating diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Molecular and Cell Biology team, focusing on early drug discovery and technology development.
This position provides an excellent learning and growth opportunity, to work closely with an experienced drug discovery and development team and contribute to early stages of research and development activities in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Perform molecular biology and cell-based experiments to support in-house projects.
- Participate in experimental study design/planning and new assay development/optimization.
- Adhere to project timelines and perform time sensitive experiments to drive discovery programs.
- Apply novel technologies in gene and/or cell therapy to on-going and new projects.
- Contributes to multiple projects executed in parallel.
- Provide general laboratory assistance, including laboratory equipment maintenance, ordering, and organizing supplies.
- Carefully record experiment details, organize data, and present results to the teams.
- MS or PhD’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related disciplines with a minimum of 2 years of relevant research experience
- Extensive laboratory experience in molecular and cell biology
- Hands-on experience in bacteria and mammalian cell culture, DNA/RNA purification and quantification
- Hands-on experience in protein analysis using Western blot and ELISA
- Competency with Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism, SnapGene
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively
- Experience in AAV production and transduction
- Experience in FACS analysis and cell sorting
- Experience in T cell isolation, culture and complex cell-based assays
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org