Scientist/Senior Scientist, Neurobiology
Function: Research & Development
Job Title: Scientist/Senior Scientist, Neurobiology
Job Location: Boston
At QLD Biotherapeutics, we develop cell and gene therapies using innovative technologies to treat devastating diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Neurobiology team, focusing on early drug discovery and technology development.
This position provides an excellent learning and growth opportunity, to work closely with an experienced drug discovery and development team and contribute to early stages of research and development activities in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Develop preclinical workflows in non-small molecule CNS therapeutics including gene therapy, cell therapy, and/or antibody therapeutics.
- Target validation in preclinical mouse models of CNS disorders.
- Interact with leadership and scientific group heads to shape strategic direction and chart development milestones.
- Actively perform laboratory work for In Vivo target validation.
- Interact with neuroscientists, pharmacologists, and bioinformaticians for target identification.
- Present experimental designs, results and interpretations in group meetings, project team meetings and/or departmental meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments in the form of electronic lab notebook (eLN) and study reports.
- Manage CROs and interface with external collaborators.
- PhD related to neurobiology with 2+ years of postdoctoral experiences in neuroscience programs.
- Extensive experiences in rodent surgery, including stereotaxic injection, CSF harvest.
- Experiences with cell culture, immunohistochemistry, Western blot, qRT-PCR.
- Strong working knowledge of neuronal subtypes and functional brain anatomy.
- Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of management, technical, scientific and external personnel.
- Ability to design and develop new assays, rigorously analyze & interpret data, and efficiently move projects forward.
- Identify challenges and seek input from colleagues and supervisor for solutions to diverse problems, and demonstrate motivation in pursuing scientific answers through thorough experimental planning
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, manage multiple projects, be pro-active, team-oriented and collaborative.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com