Senior/Principal Scientist/Associate director, Oligonucleotide chemistry
Qilu Pharmaceutical is a leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company in China, with 3 innovative centers in the US. We are seeking US based, innovative, experienced, and motivated chemists to join our new RNA-targeting team. The successful candidate will be a key team member and will lead efforts of discovery chemistry with focus on siRNA. In this visible role, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to lead a group, and contribute to platform development, medicinal chemistry innovation, and advancement of siRNA therapeutics to clinic in a dynamic and science-driven organization.
- Drive oligonucleotide chemistry functions for siRNA and/or antisense, or other nucleic acids, working in concert with drug discovery, bioassay, pharmacology, and other key functions; direct oligonucleotide chemistry activities with external partners, including contract research organizations (CROs)
- Process development in oligo synthesis, modification, purification, and other related steps
- Conjugation strategy and execution with small molecules, and/or other ligands
- Characterization and identification of compounds using modern analytical methods
- Problem-solve in oligonucleotide chemistry for RNA therapeutics; provide recommendations and implement solutions when risk arises
- Formalizing SOPs related to the in-house chemistry lab, with well documented E-lab notebooks; train associate chemists
- Present research findings to project teams, governance bodies or external meetings; communicate across all organizational levels; prepare technical reports, key preclinical, clinical, and regulatory documents, and patent applications
- Muti-task management; maintain a high level of productivity and deliver quality results to meet timelines
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or other related chemistry with 4+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or Master with 7+ years of experience. The level of position will be determined by previous experience and achievements.
- Experience in siRNA and/or ASO, and delivery of RNA-targeting therapeutics preferred
- Demonstrated track record of innovative scientific publications in high-profile journals or patents
- Superior laboratory skills and awareness of laboratory safety
- Must be a self-starter to work independently and collaboratively on multiple programs in a fast-paced matrixed environment
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills