Senior/Principal Scientist/Associate director, siRNA therapeutics
Qilu Pharmaceuticals is a leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company in China, with 3 innovation centers in the US. We are seeking US-based experienced and self-motivated professionals to join our new RNA-targeting team. The successful candidate will be a key member of the drug discovery group and will lead efforts of advancing siRNA therapeutics to treat liver-targeting diseases. The selected candidate will have opportunities to establish the group leadership, work closely with cross-functional teams consisted of drug discovery and preclinical development members, and contribute to multiple early-stage pipelines in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Nominate targets for liver-targeting indications, including but not limited to metabolic diseases, cardiovascular diseases, fibrosis, and oncology.
- Determine mechanism of action for drug targets; design and execute proof-of-concept studies to validate targets together with internal and/or external partners.
- Perform preclinical candidate screening and optimization via combined in vitro and in vivo assays, working with or supported by cross-disciplinary groups, including chemistry, bioassay, histology, and in vivo pharmacology, and/or CROs.
- Lead liver-targeting projects from inception to IND filing; prepare key preclinical, clinical and regulatory documents, and patent application
- Proactively identify potential risks to programs; recommend mitigation plans and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; contribute to research projects through creative ideas.
- Effectively manage multiple programs and deliver quality result with a high level of efficiency within sensitive timelines.
- Comply with appropriate SOPs and GxP guidelines; train associates to meet requirements; present research findings to project teams, governance bodies, or external meetings.
- Effectively communicate across all organizational levels
- PhD in biology, pharmacology, or related discipline with 4+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or academic settings. The level of position will be determined by previous experience and achievements.
- Experience in ASO/siRNA and/or gene/base editing is desired.
- Track record of independent research and creativity, as demonstrated by quality publications and/or patents
- Understanding physiology and mechanisms behind liver-targeting diseases
- Knowledge and ability to develop biochemical and molecular biology assays for RNA and protein quantification
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and must be a self-starter with the ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills