Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Gene Therapy
Function: Research & Development
Job Title: Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist, Gene Therapy
Job Location: Boston
At QLD Biotherapeutics, we develop cell and gene therapies using innovative technologies to treat devastating diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Gene Therapy team, focusing on early drug discovery and technology development.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with an experienced drug discovery and development team and lead early-stage platform development in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Design, optimize, and deliver high quality gene therapy drug candidates; contribute to the development candidate prioritization and selection.
- Lead gene therapy projects from inception to IND filing.
- Contribute to developing project plans and manage CRO to execute them.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-function teams and external CRO/academic institutes to ensure projects meet timelines, objectives, and budgets.
- Review data to ensure its accuracy and integrity. Analyze and interpret the data with statistical approaches and be responsible for timely and effective communication of data, strategy, and results to internal project teams.
- Participates in preparation of key preclinical, clinical, and regulatory documents, including but are not limited to study protocols, study reports, modeling reports, investigator brochures, patent applications, and IND/IMPDs within agreed timelines and meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Identify potential project hurdles, suggest solutions, and contribute to contingency plans.
- Provide gene therapy expertise on due diligence of business development in-licensing opportunities.
- Ensure compliance of gene therapy activities.
- A PhD in genetics, virology, cell biology, pharmacology, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience in discovery and development of gene therapy products.
- Technical experience in molecular cloning, vector production, vector characterization, and construction of gene therapy vector candidates.
- Experience designing in vitro and in vivo pharmacology and efficacy studies to test vector candidates.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for presentations, report writing and day-to-day project team communications.
- A self-starter who can thrive in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com